Diagnostic systems for NPPs
Monitoring, management and diagnostic systems for NPPs
Monitoring, management and diagnostic system of water-moderated power plant-1000s’ reactor unit
Integrated automated system allows running reactor unit of water-moderated power plant-1000 in different working modes -from starting condition to design conditions of accidents. The system is designed for NPPs as well as information-measurement complexes for automated systems of technological processes management based on systems’ software and hardware facilities
System provides with monitoring and management of reactor unit:
- in normal operation conditions
- with disturbances of normal conditions
- in design conditions of accidents
- Operation monitoring of current status of the core and reactor unit operation conditions.
- Detection of coolant leak.
- Detection of local coolant boiling in the core.
- Detection of unfixed items in main flow circuit.
- Integrated analysis of current status and foresight of dynamic behavior of the core and reactor unit equipment.
- In service diagnostics of principal technological equipment related to monitoring of vibration load fluctuation of internals and main flow circuit.
- Warning and producing emergency protection signal when safety-critical local parameters of the core operation exceed accepted values.
- Diagnostics of own hardware and software.
- Generation of control signals by power density field to maintain defined axial offset in maneuver mode of reactor unit operation.
- Providing operator with data support related to the selection of optimal operation conditions and ways of regulating main reactor unit parameters.
- Formation of data achieve related to production history of the core and main technological equipment of reactor unit.
Valuation of reactor units’ remaining lifetime.
Functional structure of the system
1. Subsystem of in-reactor control (SIRC):
SIRCs’ hardware and software complexes in terms of functions and effecting the safety meet:
- HSC-3 (warning and of emergency shutdown) – class A according to IEC 1226 and class 2NU according to EFS 88/97
- HSC-IM (of information-managing functions) – class B according to IEC 1226 and class 3N according to EFS 88/97
- HSC-IRND (of in-reactor noise diagnostics) – class C according to IEC 1226 and class 4 according to EFS 88/97
- HSC-HL (of higher level) – class B according to IEC 1226 and class 3N according to EFS 88/97
2. Subsystem of coolant leak detection (SCLD)
In terms of functions and effecting the safety meets class B according to IEC 1226 and class 3N according to EFS 88/97
3. Subsystem of vibration monitoring (SVM))
In terms of functions and effecting the safety meets class C according to IEC 1226 and class 4 according to EFS 88/97
4. Subsystem of integrated analysis (SCA))
5. Subsystem of unfixed items detection (SUID) SYSTEMS’ REFERENTNESS
MMDS has been delivered to the third unit of Kalininskaya NPP, to the first and second units of NPP “Tyan’van'” (China), to NPP “Busher” (Iran). MMDS has been delivered to NPP “Kudankulam” (India).
Some MMDSs’ subsystems are operating at NPP units in Russia and abroad. Subsystem of in-reactor control (SIRC), which is part of MMDS, was delivered to the fifth and sixth units of NPP “Kozloduy” (Bulgaria) in 2003-2004, to the second unit of Rostovskaya NPP in 2008.
MMDS system has been developed in association with:
- RSC “Kurchatov Institute”
- LLC “SNIIP-ASKUR”
- JSC “SNIIP”
- SSC RF “Physics and Power Engineering Institute by A.I. Leipunskiy
- CJSC “Diaprom”